Bill Callaghan, Vice-President of Rett Syndrome Association of Australia Inc. (RSAA) reached out to us to share the updates on the upcoming great event – World Rett Syndrome Congress. Please read his message bellow and check out the first information about the speakers of the congress in the file attached.
The first World Rett Syndrome Congress was held in Vienna in 1984, the 9th will take place in Surfers Paradise from 30 September to 3 October 2020 and the Rett Syndrome Association of Australia (RSAA) is looking after the organisation.
Why is the staging this World Congress worthwhile?
- If Rett syndrome or another related disorder is of significance in your life, you have an opportunity to learn, to share and meet others, for whom the same applies
- It brings together persons from around the world, be they an affected individual, a parent, scientist, therapist, health professional , teacher, carer, etc
- Knowledge is shared in unique circumstances as individuals from so many different walks life, are together under the one roof
- Content of the Congress programme (which is presently being developed) is current and relevant for either the scientist or non-scientist
- Scientific and non-scientific sessions are run concurrently, therefore an attendee is free to go to whatever session is of particular interest at the time
- Speakers are recruited from various countries, with the aim being that what they present, will be of benefit to those that they address
- Provides an international focus on the syndrome, particularly in Asia and Oceania
- Is taking place in the southern hemisphere for the first time.
Our first Congress update is attached, more are planned. The main source for information will be the website www.rettworldcongress.org to which information will be added progressively.
RSAA is very grateful to those who are helping with input into the programme, be they in Australia or elsewhere, as well as all those who have been, or are continuing to, actively fundraise to assist us to organise the event. The stage is being set. If you can enhance it with your attendance, we believe that it will be worth the considerable effort required for you to be a part of it.